Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Recirculating oil Pump On My 101 Scout





I am thinking about converting my 101 Scout over to a recirculating oil system, my tanks are being rebuilt right now anyway so this would be a good time to do it.  In my mind, and I could be wrong.  A 101 Scout would be perfect with the ability to go further without having to carry your own oil.  These are some pictures I took from the AMCA site to kind of show what it looks like.

You may have noticed that I have decided to keep this bike and ride the wheels off of it !

If anyone who is reading this blog has any experience either pro or con with regards to converting over to a recirculating oil system I would really like to hear from you.   One of my main concerns has to do with devaluation as this is a first year 101 Scout.  I was thinking about it yesterday and it seems to me that anyone that is interested in spending $40-50K on a motorcycle would like to ride it and this would add to the ridability of my Scout.   I know a lot of Indians are just sitting out there in collections but as the younger generation gets involved they may want a bike they can actually use with as little trouble as possible.  Just my thoughts ??

I can be contacted at timdrennen@yahoo.com   Any interesting ideas and pictures will be posted up for all to share.