Thursday, February 15, 2018

A Taste for 45's

It seems like as of late I have had a taste for 45's....45" Flathead Harleys and Indians and  .45 caliber model 1911 pistols...

I ended up with a cool little Harley flathead which I enjoyed assembling and then I purchased a Springfield Armory .45 ACP loaded pistol. 

I really wanted a Colt Series 70 pistol but they are very expensive here in California.  The geniuses in Sacramento have come up with "the list" which means you can buy some 1911 model pistols but not others.  It's a long story and makes no sense so I won't get into all that.  I ended up with a Springfield Armory loaded model because it was highly recommended.  Springfield has been around for a long time and is now owned by Dennis Reese.  Mr Reese is also an avid motorcycle man and has a museum of some pretty cool bikes.  I sold him a 1940 Indian Sport Scout and a chopper that was owned by one of the  Sons of Anarchy producers a few years ago.


Springfield Armory 1911 model


This is the Indian Sport Scout that I sold Dennis Reese, the picture was taken before I owned it.  I saw it at Indian Days West and was very impressed with the build quality.  A few years later I had the opportunity to purchase it from the builder.


Harley Davidson 45" Flattie