Tuesday, May 26, 2020



A Return to Excellence

As I go about my day and interact with people I have noticed a change in attitudes. In general, I am seeing a spirit of not caring about excellence and good customer service.  This may be just my experience.  Maybe people are numb or just tired of being cooped up ?

However...I am also not taking for granted any longer those who are gracious and want to do a good job.  I really appreciate the barista at Starbucks, my farrier Katherine who is always on time, my friend Tom who does our pest control and all of the other folks really trying to do their best and being professional and pleasant while they do it.

Now is the time, more than ever, to really be "the cream of the crop", so to speak.  As we go through all the changes taking place in society today I really do believe that the best in any profession will really shine.

When Robert Persig wrote Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance he was astonished that people no longer cared to pursue quality.  Quality will always be what anyone remembers.  Think about George Brough who built the Brough Superior motorcycles, Phil Vincent who designed the Vincent mototorcycle and all the craftsmen and women who did not base their product on the profit they made, but on how good the product could really be.