Tuesday, June 14, 2022

4 Hour Kill Switch

It's amazing how much time it takes to build a really nice motorcycle.  I recently listed this bike for sale at a price of $26,500.00   Right away I got all kinds of comments on how over priced it is.  I have that much in parts, paint and engine work alone.  Of course the labor is that of love!  In this case it actually was.............

First thing this morning I started on the kill switch installation.  I installed the magneto yesterday- but alas- every magneto needs a kill switch!

I decided to use an old horn button that I had stashed away...problem is- the aftermarket bars were not drilled for a switch of any kind or for wiring.


I removed the bars and drilled and tapped them for the switch.  While I was at it, I cleaned up the bars for a more sanitary look. I like it....





One little wire....4 hours later!


 A cleaner look with the coins back in place.