Friday, December 2, 2022

I Rang the Bell Today...


I wrote this on March 10,2022
Since that time we have all lost many loved ones to cancer...it is an evil disease 



 I rang the bell today..I rang it because its been 5 years and I am now cancer free, I rang it for all my friends who are fighting cancer today, I rang it for all of our loved ones that cancer took.  I rang the bell today..


I wrote this on March 10,2022. Since then I have lost many more friends to cancer.  It is an evil disease!



First I would like to thank my God who was with me through the whole time.


I would like thank my dear wife Laurie who cared for me as I went through treatment and drove me to all of my appointments and waited patiently as I went through everything.   Thank you so much.


I would like to thank my granddaughter Grace who came in and checked on me when the chemo was almost too much.  It kept me going just to see you every day. Thank you 


I would like to thank all of the staff at Compassionate Cancer Care especially my dear  friend and nurse Maritta who was always there.  Thank you.  


I am thankful for my good doctor Raowas who was always honest and listened. 


I thank my good friend Caesar who jumped on a plane and came to check on me when things were real bad.  You were like an angel when you walked into the ICU unit that day.


Thank you David, Rodney, Aaron and all of my dear friends and brothers who were always there.


Thank you Leah and  Jerry for driving out to see me.  I wasn't a very good host but thank you.


I would like to thank my  nurse at Riverside Community Hospital who always just showed up.  You were there was when they did the bone marrow biopsy, you were there when they put my chemo port in and you were there when they drained all the fluid from my lungs so I could breathe.   I was too sick to remember your name but you were an angel.  You weren't even my official nurse but you just showed up...


Thank you Tom Truax for calling me every month...I hope that you are doing well. 


Thank you all my friends for your prayers and get well cards.


Thank you to all the children in the Vallejo church who made me cards that day.  I read them all.


I rang the bell today....