Saturday, December 3, 2022

John Blair Decoy


 This is not the most expensive decoy ever sold but I like it. You could buy this bird for a bit over $200,000

I have been collecting decoys for quite a long time.  I had an interesting collection years ago but sold most of it.  Recently I started collecting again and sure wish I had kept a few of my best pieces.

 I will never have a bird like the one shown but I have a few that I really like including a pair of redwood Pintails that I carved myself.   When I worked for American Canyon Fire we were burning a house for training. Captain Wallace knew I was looking for some large pieces of redwood So he cut some beams and presented me with a few seasoned pieces of redwood that I carved a nice set of decoys from. Thank you sir, I still have them 



The only pair of Tim Drennen carved decoys