Friday, November 25, 2022

1912 Hendee Indian Frame Wanted

I am looking for an original Hendee Indian frame for my 1912 single 4 valve motor.  I want the type with the leaf-spring rear suspension.  I saw a single built that way years ago and have wanted one ever since.  

I think I that I will build the 8 valve OHV engine as a pure track bike but I have it from someone who actually rode one that it's a fearsome experience!  A pure track bike has no brakes, no clutch and no throttle control.  When they set their carb at the beginning of a race to goo 100 MPH and beyond, they had no throttle control.  Only the retard on the magneto and the ignition kill button to slow down with...pretty amazing stuff,  but I'm not 20 anymore.

You can reach me at classicmotocycles@gmail.com or 951-992-9839

 



I did take these pictures from Yesterdays site.. Dankjewel