Saturday, May 28, 2022

Choppers

Choppers are an affliction that I have had since I cracked the cover of Easy Riders Magazine at 17 years old.  It was instant love...I had to have one.
I was at the gas station yesterday just minding my own business when an old school long bike pulled up to the stop light.  It was a rigid Shovelhead with a king and queen seat and a nice long chrome springer that looked like a Denvers at a distance.
Now I have said many times...no more choppers!  I'm too old etc, etc.
I still love a good custom motorcycle and would really like another.  If set up right they are fairly comfortable
I found the pictures on the web and they don't translate too well but you get the idea.




Gorjus by the best...Sugar Bear.   I have always loved this bike.
Pat Kennedy
 This motorcycle was built by Pat Kennedy.  I actually saw this bike in person when I lived Albuquerque I saw this bike in person.  It is as good as it gets.




Gorjus



Red Rockette was the last chopper that I built
I put a lot of time and money into this bike.  Edelbrock engine, Denvers springer, custom molded frame, hydraulic clutch and paint by Joann Bortles.  It is in her book How To Master Airbrush Painting Techniques
It really wasn't what I had in mind when I started.