Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Searching For My Old Harley Davidson K Model In the Vallejo, California Area

The picture is something I found on the internet

I have been searching for a 1952 or 53 Harley Davidson K Model that I owned years ago.  Many years ago!

I know it was a 52 or 53 because it did not have the trapdoor to gain access to the gearbox.  The last time I saw it was in Vallejo, California and I believe it is still in the Vallejo area.

Here is all of the history that I have.  I went to Vacaville to look at a basket case K Model with my friend Mark Alexander, this was in about 1983.  It was scattered throughout an old shed behind the sellers house and we picked up everything that looked like a Harley part and Mark bought it.

I had always fancied having a flathead Sportster since looking at a beautiful custom K Model chopper in Benicia earlier in life.  It was for sale but hopelessly beyond what I could afford.

After my Death Trap 650 BSA tried to kill me one last time I decided to sell it.  I was then working on my 1947 45" Harley and the thrill of owning the BSA had passed.  I asked Mark if he would swap the Harley K Model  for my BSA.  It was a pretty rapid transaction.

After the horrible accident on Highway 29 my friend Mike Dickerson was in need of something to focus on so I gave him the Harley K Model project.  He never built it and the last time I saw it he had painted the sheet metal tan and the frame black.  After his death, his brother Ralph Dickerson inherited the motorcycle.

Ralph went away for awhile and a guy named Donald Williams in Vallejo had possession of it.  I believe that Donald also died and after that the trail went cold.

It was in a garage in Vallejo the last I heard but I couldn't get a response from the person who had it,  I believe it is a relative of Donald Williams.

Here is the chain of ownership as I know it

Mark Alexander

Tim Drennen

Mike Dickerson

Ralph Dickerson

Donald Williams

Donald Williams relative ???

So if anyone knows where this motorcycle presently resides please give me a call @ 951-992-9839