Tuesday, August 7, 2012

101 Scout Update




I have not done much with the 101 Scout lately, I have been traveling and tied up with other things.  I did find an original brake lever for the bike, a pretty nice score as these are fairly rare.

I also ordered a high quality reproduction Jiffy Stand, I have been trying to use original parts but this is one item that I don't mind updating.  Some of the original side stands can be metal fatigued and can break leaving your bike laying on its side.

It reminds me of an incident that occurred when I was a lot younger.  I had just gotten my tins back from the painter for my 1947 Harley WL and went for a ride.  Naturally I had not registered the bike yet and got pulled over by a Vallejo police officer.  She was being pretty hard core and wanted to impound my bike.  While I was pleading my case the bike tipped over on its side, I was completely freaked out because of the fresh paint.  It turned out that the paint was undamaged and the police officer had mercy on me and let me go with a warning.  God bless the V.P.D., sometimes everything just turns out okay !