Monday, September 17, 2012

Indian "Chout"



A Bit Rough
 
 


Chout Frame Compared To Original 101 Scout Frame
 
 



It Looks Like An Original Chief Casting Grafted Onto Scout Frame
 
 
 
Frame Is Modified To Accept Junior Scout Tanks
 
 
I saw an add on Craigslist for a 1935 Indian frame so naturally I checked it out.  After some driving, speculating and haggling my son and I hauled it home.  As you can see in the first picture some genius with an arc welder went crazy adding brackets all over the place.  I almost walked away from it when I saw because it was so ugly.  however, a few hours with my grinder and it looks pretty nice.  this frame was altered to accept a Chief engine and some later point is when the other mess was added.  the original job is pretty nice, it looks like a Chief rear frame casting was grafted in so the kicker should line up fine.  a pretty good idea.  The holes in the frame were cased by the welds not from being rusted out.
 
I am not sure what i am going  this frame, I may sell it.
 
Below are some nice chouts that have been put together over the years including the Max bubeck Chout that did 135 mph.
 
 









 
Not a Chout, But Cool Anyway