Monday, May 6, 2013

Stoners' BMW Tech Day

I came across an add on Craigslist where a guy named Stoner was doing a BMW tech day and meet.  It was about 25 minutes away so I drove over there expecting it to be at a business location.  Not so !  It was at his home.

When I drove up there were airheads (BMW motorcycles) parked all the way down the block.  I walked up and asked for Stoner and he turned out to be an older man and was quite gracious.  It turns out that it was a tech day that the Air Head BMW club does on a pretty regular basis.   I was really impressed with their hospitality and just the camaraderie of the group.  They weren't just riding their bikes, they were working on them. 

Their club moto is...Airheads...Simple By Choice.   I agree as I have had a few BMW's.  They are really easy to work on and they stay fixed long enough to enjoy them.. This was kind of a revelation for a guy who is deeply into British and American bikes. 

There were some very cool bikes including the red and white cafe bike I show pictures of.  I have more pictures if I can figure out how to get them from my phone  ( maybe I should join them as I gues I like things simple by choice, don't get me started ). 

I was very impressed with a rather rough looking R100 owned by a guy named Jack.  It had all the charisma you could ask for in a daily rider.  It almost makes me want to get another Airhead.