Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Norton-itis

As I said earlier, I purchased a '71 Norton Commando and have been wrenching on it for the past month.  This bike is so much different from the Triumphs and BSA's I am familier with that is a constant learing experience. 

It seems to be a very well though out machine.  I am looking forward to riding it as I have never owned or ridden a pure Norton prior to this one.  I say pure because I did own a Triton and a Norvin.

The gas tank is made of fiberglass and had been beat around a little so I found and ordered an original steel Roadster tank that looks to have nice paint.  I am now in a quandry as to wether I should rebuild the rear wheel because of a large area of chrome missing from the rim.  We'll see how the budget holds up.

The picture below is not my bike, but it is a nice example of how mine will look shortly !