Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Finished the Norton




Well it took long enough but I finally got the Norton Commando on the road.  It still needs a few things but overall it's a pretty nice bike.  I am going to sell it as I need to clear up a few bills so please see the work done below.

: Replaced the tires with Dunlop Road Master TT 4.10 tires

 : The rear rim was beyond saving so a new Devon WM-2 x 19 rim was freshly laced up by Buchanan’s with stainless spokes and nipples

 : I replaced both fenders with stainless fenders, the front is a repop and the rear is an original.

 : New rear brakes

 : The front Norton-Lockheed caliper is freshly built with racing pads.  The front brake reservoir, lever and brake line are all new upgrades to improve the not so great front brakes that are stock.  The lever bolts up to the existing switch gear.

 : New low handlebars. 

 : The existing gauges were damaged so I replaced them with Smiths instruments.  I noticed the speedo is not funtioning but I will look into it.

 :  It has an original steel tank with real nice original paint.

 : New anti-sump valve.  New, upgraded petcocks that don’t leak.

 : I replaced a bunch of other small items and spent hours cleaning this machine up, it is a very nice Norton that looks very presentable but is not a show bike.

 It runs good and shifts through all the gears as it should, of course all fluids have been changed.

 I have the original paperwork plus a bill of sale when I bought it. I will look into titleing it in my name if that is of any help or you can do it.


Asking around $8500.00 for the bike. The Norton market is still strong, check the results from the 2013 Las Vegas Mid America Auctions

Call Tim @ 951-992-9839