Friday, September 21, 2018

Clyde Calvin Drennen


This is a picture of my Dad when he was in his early twenties I would guess.  
He was an interesting guy....served in the Navy during WW2 in the  Pacific, was a State Highway Patrolman in North Dakota, a tire salesman ( and just about any other kind of salesman you can think of ) , sharpened hand saws, taught school, served in the Merchant Marines, had a shoe repair shop of his own, etc.   He traveled all over the world and was a great story teller.  He could sing quite well and he played the piano with a flourish.  He rode a 1940's Indian Chief Moto-Cycle when he was fresh out of the Navy.  Just about got killed on it and was permanently crippled in a bad accident. 
It is through him that I fell head over heals for motorcycles even though he never wanted me to have one.  He was a study in contradictions.. but he was still my Dad

Kind of sorta like his Chief... the color is right