Tuesday, October 20, 2015

2016 Indian Chieftain



I had mixed feelings about the new Indian Motorcycles when they first came out, I guess I expected something more like the original 40's bikes.  The reality of the situation is that you can't build and sell something like that today, it would never pass all the government scrutiny and to be truthful only a relic like myself would buy one anyway.

When I was in Indiana last summer I had time to kill so I went to the local Indian dealer to check these bikes out and I have to admit I left the shop wanting one.  I really like this color combination of silver and black.  It has a pretty low center of gravity and one of the sales tactics was to lean the bike all the way over and then easily right it.  I tried it and it was pretty easy, nice for us older folks !  These are heavy bikes so that was kind of impressive.  

The silver and black was not offered in 2015 which is regrettable because Indian has some nice incentives to buy up the 2015 models.  I am seriously thinking about purchasing one of these bikes.  No, it's not the same as my '46 Chief...but do I really want it to be ??