I wasn't sure if I would restore another Indian because of past ventures into these precarious waters. I have started a few and not finished them.
While on a trip to Indiana this summer I found a basket case '46 Chief and of course drug it home. It is a numbers matching bike and is pretty complete ( by basket case standards anyway ).
It was missing the front fork legs which I have found so here goes.
I started on the frame and removed the plungers and both stands, etc. I am going to powder coat all the black parts.
Matching number engine. I have the whole thing, just not pictured
I have all the tins and a nice set of wheels, etc. It is actually pretty complete, of course all the missing items will eat up all my funds. I am building the chassis then sending out the engine to be rebuilt.