Monday, December 28, 2015

Mads Bartholin Motorcycle Genius !!!


Mads Bartholin is a motorcycle building genius, he wanted an Indian Four cylinder but couldn't afford one...so he built one.  The original Indian Four is a design icon, but I really think this bike is better than the original.  To start with it has a shaft drive !

So if that wasn't amazing enough he then wanted an Excelsior Super X overhead valve motorcycle so he made one...............I mean made one from scratch !!!   Cast the engine cases, heads, etc., etc.  I think I'm doing pretty good when I "assemble" an antique bike, this guy just creates one !  You can follow his progress on The Jockey Journal, which incidentally a very good source of information on custom and antique motorcycles....check it out here www.jockeyjournal.com


Joe Petrali on an original Super X