Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sport Scout Remodel


I guess at this point my wife isn't too shocked that I can take a running motorcycle and turn it into a project in an afternoon.  I spent most of the day yesterday tearing down the Indian Scout and I'm pretty happy with what I'm keeping, the disc brake wheels and fork are being sold and I am going to have to get my stock wheels built and find another fork. 

I am not sure at this point if I will run my Daytona tanks right away or later on.  If I use them I have to get an oil tank from Matt Blake and get a magneto which adds up pretty quick.  If I keep the tanks that are on the bike I have the expense of paint and a battery set up that I would just run as total loss and keep a battery charged and ready to run.  This bike is being built to race anyway.