Monday, February 12, 2018

From Classic Moto-Cycles to BlackThorn International



After operating as Classic Moto-Cycles for the last 15 years I have decided to change the name of my business to BlackThorn International.  The name Classic Motorcycles and Motorcycle Classics has been used way too much so I needed to distance myself from these other operations to avoid confusion.  The name of the blog will remain unchanged...thank you for your support !

The services I will be offering going forward are in areas that I have gained some experience over the years. 

: Buying and selling interesting motorcycles
: Custom builds and restorations as I see fit. 
: Exporting and crating of motorcycles for overseas shipment and crating for domestic sales
: Appraisals of collections and individual motorcycles.  Pre-purchase inspections
: Consignment sales. 

I know that most people don't need any assistance with the sale of their collections but there are some who would appreciate an honest appraisal and the benefit of selling a collection without dealing with individual sales and auction houses.  Auction houses charge a premium and sometimes your expectations and the companies expectations are not the same.

I have quite a bit of experience with antique motorcycles but I am now reevaluating what a vintage motorcycle may be.

The bikes built in 1980's and 90's are now coming into their own and the Suzuki GSX-R's and Ducati 916's and 996's as well as racing motorcycles by Honda, Yamaha and others are very interesting so I am educating myself on some of these classics.

If I can be of assistance please give me a call.

Tim Drennen
BlackThorn International
951-992-9839