Tuesday, November 27, 2018

N.O.S. 1953 Indian Chief for sale at Starklite Indian



This is an NOS 1953 Indian Chief built by Bob Stark  It took over 30 years to accomplish, it was built with brand new NOS parts.  No reproduction parts and no old beat up restored parts...just New Old Stock factory parts.  It is a brand new 1953 Indian ! 

I only met Bob Stark one time at his place a few years before he passed.  He had never met me before but spent at least 2 hours showing me all around his shop and his personal museum.  He was very humble and gracious.  When we were almost through the museum he pointed to this bike and asked me what I thought of it,  I don't really like 53 Chiefs, the styling is off to my eye.  He then pointed out how special it was, a brand spanking new motorcycle.
The only problem with this motorcycle is that as soon as you start it and ride it then you no longer have a brand new N.O.S. Indian  

I now live less than 10 miles from his old place and never really got to know him like I would have liked to.  

His son Gary has it up for sale for around $70,000.00  Contact him at Starklite Indian 951-968-3070