Wednesday, December 5, 2018

101 Scout Memories






This picture was taken the night we got home from Oregon.  
I had to unload it and see what I had

I got a call from a Canadian who stirred up memories of my 101 Scout dream....

This was my Indian 101 Scout that I planned on doing the Cannonball on.  I bought it out of Oregon and drove up and picked it up.  It all seems so long ago but it was only about 5 years ago.  All pre-cancer and pre a whole lot of things. Full of hope and expectations I took it all down to pieces and had John Bivens straighten and clean up the frame and front fork.  This thing was going to be done right. 

I ended up selling it to a cool guy from Texas who made his money drilling oil wells.  A hard working man who just wanted something cool.  As I said, I got a call from a guy in Canada today who now owns it !  I guess my buyer out of Texas has some health problems so he sold it.  This thing might be jinxed ?  I need to call him and see how he's doing....it's all about the people that the machines bring into our lives.



My old shop that I spent a lot of hard work putting together. 
To say it was clean is an understatement!