Tuesday, July 3, 2012

1928 Indian 101 Scout For Sale



This is an engine John built for Jerry Greers Indian. Photo by Jerry Greer

The 1928 Scout is still for sale, I can package the sale several different ways.  I can sell outright with the the stipulation that John Bivens of Indian Engineering does the engine work and rebuilds the gas tank and rear fender.  I believe John guarantees the engine for one year.  I can also complete the bike as a full restoration to the same quality as the 1911 Indian in my previous blog.  If you are at all interested give me a call and we can discuss most any combination that you desire.

I should be picking up the completed frame, front end and handlebars next week and at that point I am going to start assembling and fitting everything.  When the bike is completely assembled and everything fits and functions as intended, I will then dis-assemble the bike and send everything out for nickel plating and paint prior to final assembly.

The engine is being built to the highest standards with correct nickel plating and completely rebuilt internals.  This also includes the carburetor and the magneto.  When the engine is completed it will be a drop in running power plant.  The engine pictured is a Chief engine built by John and is not the exact engine included in this project, just wanted to show the quality of work you can expect.  I do have a title for this bike.

I have not built the wheels yet, but they will be completed in the next couple of months or you can build them yourself.  If I build them I will use drop center rims from Buchanans' for safety sake and will have them lace the wheels with stainless spokes.

I will have about $19,000 invested in the bike when I pick up the frame next week.  So figure to spend around $29,000 with the rebuilt engine costs.  This may seem high but these bikes bring upwards of $45,000 if they are done to the highest standard.  This bike has a very real potential to reach that amount as it is a very original bike with no short cuts.

To further discuss costs and any details, please call Tim Drennen @ 951-992-9839