Saturday, July 7, 2012

'89 FXR




I went to a garage sale this morning and spotted an old Western Flyer bicycle hanging from the rafters.  Since I am a sucker for most anything with two wheels I tried to buy it.  The lady who was running the garage sale gave me a price and I agreed to it and left to get some cash.  When I came back her husband said it wasn't for sale as it was given to him by a family member.  Fair enough.

At that point she said the Harley was for sale.  I am a little short on cash this month so I asked if I could sell it on commission and left my card.  Long story short, it is in my garage and is for sale.

It is a nice running, close to original FXR.  These were about as good as H.D. got to building a modern bike in my opinion.  They handle, sit low to the ground and can be pretty fast.  The original speedometer, headlight and shroud and controls come with it as well as a set of leather bags and a tool pouch.

Clear, clean title registered in California until July 2013.  Ready to roll !!

SOLD