Monday, November 12, 2012

1970 Triumph TR6 For Sale



1970 Triumph TR-6

This is a Triumph I found in a shed a couple of weeks ago, it was dusty and crusty but surprisingly it is in pretty complete condition. It has a non matching 1969 engine and a 1970 TR6 chassis.   The chassis is only missing the right rear motor mount, if I can find one I will include it in the auction.   The pictures do not show it, but I just ordered a right side foot rest.  The paint is the original Spring Gold which is correct for a 70 TR6.
: The serial number on the frame is BD40274TR6R
: The serial number on the motor is BC12870TR6R
I bought this Triumph from the son of the deceased owner, he said it has sat since the 1980's and that the ownership documents were lost over the years.  I have a Bill of Sale from him and will do a Bill of Sale to the new owner.
The engine needs a complete rebuild but does turn over. There is a hole in one piston..  It come with the correct carburetor.  Comes with quite a few extra parts and will be sold on a Bill of Sale only.
I cleaned most of the chassis up and worked on the wheels enough to see that the rims need to be re-chromed or painted.
Things I know that are missing:
Exhaust pipes
Both gauges  (it does have the mounting bracket on the triple trees)
Headlight retaining ring

I installed a set of new Euro style bars and picked up a bunch of other parts not shown.   I guess I will keep adding parts and see what happens.
I am sure there are other things missing but it is a very nice Triumph project. It comes with more parts than I show in the pictures. 
Asking $2800.00 but I will consider a trade or partial trade for a Triumph Bonneville, TR6 or Tiger T100 pre-unit project, must have alloy top end.  No iron heads..

Any questions, call Tim at 951-992-9839