Saturday, June 29, 2013

Born Free 5

I went to Born Free today and it was quite a show.  Everything was cool until I got off the 251 and turned onto Santiago Canyon Road, the traffic was completely at a stand still.  It took 2 1/2 hours to go less than 10 miles.  I think a couple of thousand motorcycles passed me on the shoulder during that time.  That is no exaggeration!  I would have traded my truck for a Honda !  When you go to a bike show you should be on a bike.  My truck started to verheat (it was 100 gegrees out) so I turned off the AC and about that time I see three ballerinas walking up the shoulder of the highway.  We were in the middle of nowhere on the way to a bike show so the ballerinas qualified as strange  Turns out that the bike show overlapped with The Colored Run ?



I finally got to the show and it really was well put together.  I took a few pictures and will show them below.  I thought I took more so I will see if I downloaded all of them.

The invited builder bikes were very well put together.  Jeremiah Armenta of Love Cycles built a 1946 UL Flathead racer that was really something.  I also loved Josh Conley's 1946 Knuckle, Matt Olson's 1923 JD racer and the 1931 VL put together by Jason Sheets.   In all honesty all the builders turned out some amazing machines.

My favorite bike of the show was a 1907 Reading Standard board track racer, it is a neat little bike and reminded me why I love the early motorcycles, especially the racers.








Cut Down JDH Racer
 


 
Looks Like A Crocker, BUT ???
 








Kawasaki Z1 Dragster
 

Triumph By The Factory Metal Works
 
 
The 1907 Reading Standard
 




Indian Larry N.Y.C.
 





Cole Fosters Panhead...I Love This Thing !!
 

1946 Chief