Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Entry For Cannonball 2012 Endurance Race Is In !



Today I sent in the $1500 entry fee for the Cannonball Coast to Coast Endurance Race that will be held next September.  I guess I am committed now, but the Lord knows that anything could happen between now and then.  I will just prepare the best I can without wiping us out completely financially.

I still have to find an Indian Scout motorcycle, although I have a lead on two 101 Scout basket cases.  I really didn't want to go the basket case route as I have done plenty of them in the past, they are ALWAYS a major pain and cost more than what you could just buy a finished motorcycle.  I really would like to find an older restoration and just go through the whole thing mechanically.  I have an engine builder picked out so that is the biggest challenge in that area.

This whole trip could get very expensive as it lasts two weeks and covers 3800 miles.  My son Nick is in as a support truck driver and wrench, I thought I could get one of my brothers to go along as a helper and driver but so far I am not sure.
Well here goes !!! We'll see ?