Friday, December 2, 2011

101 Wheels


I took the wheels apart today, most of the parts look pretty good.  I will need to replace all the bearing races, bearings and felt seals when I put them back together.  The hubs will get powdercoated for durability and then I will have Buchanan's Spoke and Wheel lace them to new drop center rims with stainless spokes.  Pretty straight forward so far. I would like to have the wheels finished by the time I get the frame and forks back from Indian Engineering.

The picture in the background is of John Kresha and I when we worked for American Canyon Fire District.  The pilot had just purchased the airplane while the seller and he were in flight.  When he landed, he put it on it's nose.  No body was hurt but I'll bet that was an unpleasant experience for the purchaser !