Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Building the Scout Chronicles



I just bought a 1931-1940 Indian face horn for my Scout.  It is not correct for my 28 model but I don't care.  I like it.  I had a special set of handlebars made up that have a 1931 casting with the headlight loop on the front.  They have 1928 bends so they kind of look like a 1928 but with the later headlight and of course, the Indian face horn.

I am building this bike for me so I am not too concerned what purists think about it. It will have 1929 drop center rims laced to 1928 hubs so I guess it will be a 1928 101 Scout with a 1931 looking front end and a 1958 rider !

I also just made a swap for an original 101 seat.  I made the trade sight unseen, so we'll see how it turns out.  I had some parts left over that I am not using so I am swapping or selling them off to finance this  whole fiasco.

I got a little side tracked with Triumphs but I am re-focusing on building this Scout.