Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cannonball Progress


I must apologize for my lack of blogs pertaining to the Cannonball Race.  I completely stripped the Scout down after I got it and sent the motor and frame over to John Bivens for some much needed work.  The frame was in pretty nice shape but I wanted it checked on his frame table.  The engine had a rebuilt bottom end but on closer inspection I wasn't sure so he is going through the engine for me.  If I am going to do this ride I am not going to spend $20K plus and end up stranded with a broken down drive train.  
I am building the wheels but there is not a lot of excitement there.  I will keep you posted on my slow and tedious progress.  This deal is much bigger than a person would imagine.  It would have been nice to start with a finished bike.