Friday, January 17, 2014

Got My Triumph Back...............



I sold my 1958 Triumph project to a gentleman in Texas last year.  He was battling cancer when he bought it but really wanted to build a motorcycle.  I shipped the project in boxes and the day it was delivered he went in the hospital and never came home.  His widow contacted me because she had no idea what it was or what to do with it.  I bought it back from her so here we go again.  I never intended to build a bobber out of it, I always intended to build a motorcycle to take to El Mirage or Bonneville. 

It has real nice '58 cases with a 9 bolt unit top end.  There are no guts in the engine but that was by design.  I do have lightened timing gears, etc.  It has a nice transmission with clutch and a bunch of parts. 

The frame is titled and has a David Bird 4" stretch hart tail.  There is an early Triumph front end and spool wheel.

I am not sure what I am going to do with it but will entertain offers in the $3k range or trade for Harley VL parts.

Here is an early Triumph I saw at Born Free 5 that really works for me...like I said, we'll see................