Tuesday, January 14, 2014

One Day at a Time !!!!!


This year I plan on taking things one thing at a time, one day at a time.  Even that statement, :"I plan on ..."   I have spent most of my life living for the next thing or hanging on to the past.  By the grace of my God, I am what I am !

When I was laying in the dirt road waiting for the ambulance I started taking it one thing at a time. Wait for ambulance, get meds on board, splint arm, wait 6 hours for surgery, wait for room, wait for next surgery, etc., etc.   There was no rushing things, a person can not manipulate time or the time to heal .  I am sitting here healing but still trying to get things done.  With no insurance, we will now get hammered with medical bills.  I will pay them but I am not going to ruin our lives doing it.

The Bible says "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.  Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof ".   Deal with all things today has to offer, the things you are working on in yourself, all you can do and then keep moving.  This capitalist America we live in has shoved the American dream down our throats all our lives, a big mortgage, a couple of new cars and on and on until you can't even move for all the debris.  I have owned a lot of homes and fixed them up for someone else and then what ? A pay day and on to the next deal.

I have a very large, very wonderful family and I intend to pay more attention to them. This is going to be a year of giving back and living life to its fullest and I don't mean accumulating more stuff !   OK, enough rambling but how about personal responsibility, building quality into everything and enjoying each day as it comes.