Friday, November 18, 2022

I Hate Californios

Don't Miss Them Blizzards Much !


I hate Californios....well not me personally, I am one !

That is the battle cry from the Dakotas down to Texas and beyond, I hate them and all their ideas !  They don't hate our money though.  We went on an expensive vacation a couple of years ago and you could feel the animosity as soon as we entered Wyoming.  I didn't feel like telling them that my wife and I are from the Dakota Territories, her from Montana and me from North Dakota.  We both grew up in Montana.  I never noticed it before but it was felt in many places from the shops and stores where we left our hard earned money to just interactions with people.  What happened to all the "friendly" mid-west folk.  Maybe they were never that friendly if you weren't exactly like them.

When I lived in Albuquerque we were having an expensive door installed .  After I told the installer where we were from he said "you can just head back West where you came from"!  I told that  would be fine and we would take our checkbook with us.  He quieted down some...

It used to be that it didn't matter where you lived but I guess it does now?

Excuse me, I have to go !  A truckload of cowboys with shootin' irons just pulled up to the house.....