Thursday, November 10, 2022

Unexpected Treasure...





I know that I have shown the pictures of the 1911 Indian Hendee single that I restored somes years back, please forgive me for showing them again.  It did not come to me looking like the pictures !

When I got the Indian from my client it was totally assembled and to be quite honest it was a bit daunting to even think about finishing it for him.  The moto-cycle had to be totally disassembled and all the correct finishes applied and then assembled again.  This was before we had a camera on our phones and I am glad for that !  What I did was take photos of every nut, bolt, washer, linkage, etc. and then print them. There are over 100 pages of photos ! I then took small stickers and applied them to each picture next to the part in question.  I  used a notebook and noted every piece with the correct length, thread pitch and any unusual feature. 

It seems archaic now but that is how manuals are written.

I thought that I had given all of it to the client but by some good fortune I kept it.  I will now use it to help build my 1912 4 valve Indian