Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Leah..



Leah and our mom


When I wrote "it's mine" it reminded me of all the people I have know who did not think that way...Leah has always been a giver of her time, love and whatever else is needed, but she isn't foolish.

My sister Leah is an amazing and generous person.  I have watched her for years as she gives of herself without ceasing.  

She was a very successful lady in business and worked at Dell for years.  You want to talk about carrying your own water, there is a whole story on her success at Dell. She traveled all over the world and made friends everywhere she went AND she still writes to them (and me) and sends greeting cards that she personally makes.  I recently posted a picture of a  house in Ireland that stood out to me on my Facebook page.  Leah's daughter April replied that they had been to that town and liked Ireland as a whole!  How cool is that ?

Leah was always there for my mom and went out of her way to see that mom did some traveling and was treated like royalty !  Speaking of my mom...she was a great lady but my dad wore her down with everything and she got tired.  Leah is married to her high school sweetheart Jerry and he loves her and makes her life as it should be.  Thank you Jerry!  Be careful who you make your soulmate !

Leah and Jerry have traveled great distances to visit older friends, even as far away as Sweden.  When I had cancer they came to see about me.  I was going through chemo at the time and was pretty sick and I told her not to come.  She came anyway and made herself a part of our household and brought her joy of life with her.  Thank you, that meant a lot to me.

When my brother David died last December, Leah and Jerry were in New York state visiting a close friend who had gotten older.  Leah lives in Texas.  When they heard that David was dying of COVID they rerouted and drove to Michigan to see him and to then assist his wife Heide.  

When David passed away, they rerouted again and drove Heide to North Dakota for the funeral.  All of my family is buried in Steele, N.D.   

Keep in mind, this is December in North Dakota and Michigan.  They then drove Heide back to Michigan and spent time helping her sort out David's estate.  To my knowledge they had never even seen Heide before this.

Right now as I write this, they have driven to Michigan and picked up Heide and then drove to New York state to see their good friend Bob who is getting older.  Then they drove back to Michigan and are once again helping Heide with some things.

As a side note:  make a last will and testament and include your spouse in all of your financial and life arrangements.  Tomorrow may never come !  Don't leave them with nothing but questions and problems.

I don't know how to end this, so I will leave it open.  Safe travels my friends...........................


Jerry and Leah..married for 50 years in December